Sunday, June 13, 2010

A New Beginning

Well, I just realized that I could not remember how to get into my other blog so this is a new one. Memory is fickle as we get older.... :)

Life is quite amazing. As we age, it seems that some things just aren't the way they were before. Are we supposed to just sit back and let that happen? I don't know - I guess in some ways we just have to, yet there are things we can do. I won't go into what I think those things are, mostly because I'm not doing them either! The thing is, I sure would like to somehow be younger - more able is what I am thinking - but still have the knowledge I now have. I suppose that is not going to happen. Oh well, I will still look forward to all that is to come.


Do you ever think about getting older? Is it a good thing, bad thing, neutral thing? I have even heard some people say they were afraid of getting older! I suppose that maybe they were afraid of getting some of the diseases that are more common for older people. I think there is a lot to say for genetics, as to whether or not we might be prone to any of those diseases. I have told my brothers that we really have it made - we have dementia on both sides of our family, a couple of our mom's sisters have Alzheimer's; our dad has Parkinson's disease; and then there is arthritis and things like that. However, I am not really afraid. I will most certainly live my life to its fullest.


I hope you do too. I know that with the help of Christ, we can all live lives that make a difference - and that we can be the best people possible. Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment